Every computer or laptop has faced the problem of getting infected with a virus or malware. There are various ways through which you will be able to detect a computer viruses, like slower than usual operating system, strange pop-up messages, some computer programs will unexpectedly start running by itself without your knowledge, and other such eccentric problems. So it is advised whenever you want to explore a website but you doubt it can be shady or you receive a suspicious mail includes an attachment and is labelled as urgent, try not to open it up out of curiosity as it may be a virus in disguise. The Gmail spam alert is helpful to identify such dubious mails and push them directly in the spam folder.
There are many viruses and different categories of malware that are specially devised to steal your online investment details, other sensitive data, spyware that demands advanced tools and procedures to discard. Here are some ways you can know virus get pc.
If your computer is showing any of the indications given above, it can be said that your PC is infected by virus. The Adware will infect your browser and display pop-up ads, Spyware tracks down the data from your computer and transfer it to some other homepages without your knowledge, as for Ransomware, it will block your PC.
Given below are some instructions that you can follow to remove these viruses or malware from your computer and obstruct further security loop holes in your system. It is quite easy and requires speedy response, you have got to be patient and systematic if you want to remove it altogether.
- Download Antivirus- This the first objective that you should consider. You are not unfamiliar that there are various types of software available in the market but all of them cannot be trusted as it is hard to recognize fake antivirus software. There have been incidents of hackers cracking up the most advanced of them smoothly, though there are some reliable software available in the market. With the computers becoming more advanced and complex, it is hence mandatory to implement new and updated antivirus software
- Removing the virus- Stated below are the procedure by which you can get rid of computer viruses and malware:
- Enter Safe Mode- The Microsoft safe mode in your PC is used for the system analysis complications which hinders the usual functioning.
- There are two types of Safe Mode: safe mode and safe mode with networking, however, it is suggested that you use safe mode so that the virus doesn’t spread or leak your private info. You can use safe mode with networking only when you want to use the internet.
- To start the task, you have to turn off and on your computer, open up the Configuration box, then go to Advanced Boot Option, from there select the Safe Mode button.
- Remove Temporary Files- In this step, you have to delete the Temporary Files. To do so, you have to go to the Search bar or use the Start button to find the Disk Cleanup tool in your computer to choose and delete those files which will result to speed up the virus scanning and free a considerable amount of space, and might even get rid of some of the malware in your PC.
- Download malware scanner- There are mostly two or three distinct scanning alternatives: Full system scan, Custom system scan, Rapid/Smart scan. The names are evidently obvious about which can be used for the appropriate job. While the Full scan takes hours according to the files you have in your PC, the Rapid/Smart scan will do the same thing but only on those points where it detects can be infected with virus. As for the Custom scan, you can use it on any specific file suitably.
To reduce the malware, download the Malware bytes scanner as it is trusted to do a superb job. But you have to consider the fact that one single antivirus program cannot identify each and every malware or virus entirely. If your computer is infected, it is suggested that you go for a full scan with the latest software available in the market.
- Perform the scan- Commence the scanning with the scanner of your choice but do not operate with multiple antivirus software as it will slow down the function or invite more viruses.
- The Malware byte scanner executes the threat scan first to locate the infections. You will be able to see how many files it has scanned and if it is affected with malware.
- If it stops functioning and won’t resume than the computer is infected intensely which is preventing the scanner to eliminate it. In such case, you can reinstall Windows and start the process again.
- Secure your browser- The virus or malware infections can harm your web browser and other settings, so it is better to alter the homepage setting before using the web portals again. You do not want to attract viruses or malware through Internet.
- Reinstall damaged documents- The files and software that got damaged and wiped out by the virus from your PC need to be restored. That is why it is strongly recommended to keep the backups of important files and draft them frequently, it makes the job easier to retrieve them later.
- Updated Antivirus Software- In order to defend your PC or laptop from any further virus or malware attacks, you have to upgrade your antivirus tool from time to time.
- The viruses are getting modernized day to day, you need to be one step ahead of them.
- You can install the latest software that updates automatically or provides new elements to make the work easier.
It is essential to keep your computer impeccable, you have to do your research and sort out your options from the diverse types of antivirus or malware software that are present in the market. While some are free to download, there are others that require to be bought from a company, all of them vary in their services. Some antivirus software offer the Sandbox feature, which gives permit to users to run programs or files without any impact in the system it is conducted on. It is used to test coding by software designers.
As mentioned above, before starting the scanning process, you have to get a backup system that constantly backs up your files or system automatically. But before you reinstall these files after getting rid of the virus, it is suggested to run a quick virus scan on the backups to assure that it is bug free.
The next move is to confirm that all your online accounts like online banking details, email, social sites are not breached by malware. If you get the hint of something doubtful, you can change the passwords of the vital ones as soon as possible.
It is not an arduous work to get rid of the viruses or malware from your computer, you have to keep your cool and be calm. And if you are still unsure about it, get in touch with an IT expert who is skilled in eliminating the virus from computer.